The early mastery of technical skills is one of the most important elements in the development of youth soccer players. Challenger’s NEW 1,000 Touches Curriculum has been created to address the key areas of technical development that have the biggest impact on their performance in the game.
Challenger’s New 1,000 Touches Curriculum provides a high levels of repetition of the most valuable and frequently used soccer skills and as the title suggests, it will give each player over 1,000 points of contact with the ball in each 3 hour daily camp.
TECHNIQUES COVERED THROUGHOUT THE WEEK
Each day, the coaches will take the players through a progressive series of skill building practices from unopposed, to opposed, game related and finally into a game.
- Soccer ABC – Players will improve their Agility, Balance and Coordination.
- Dribbling – improve the ability to change direction and move at speed.
- Moves – master more than 20 different ways to turn and fake opponents.
- Passing – improve accuracy, pace and 1st touch control.
- Shooting – improve power and placement with each foot.
- Heading – learn how to safely and confidently head the ball (approved age groups only)
- Tackling/Defending – improve your tackling skills and learn how to defend.
- Freestyle – daily program of juggling, lifts and balances by John Farnworth.
- Camp World Cup – enjoy daily competitive games with an international flavor.
The TetraBrazil Academy provides players with authentic Brazilian coaching right in their own community. The TetraBrazil curriculum has been designed by our professional coaches and staff to provide teams, coaches and players with the same expert level of training received by professional clubs in Brazil.
TetraBrazil is an organization of professional soccer educators who bring the flair and passion of Brazilian soccer to North America. Our elite staff includes many experienced coaches currently working with professional teams in Brazil.
- TACTICS: Triangulations – The Brazilian Way, Combination Plays, Change the Point of Attack, Phases of Play, Using the Wide areas, Expressing the players Creativity, and learn the Brazilian Box Formation
- TECHNIQUES: Give and Go – The Brazilian Way, First Touch & Receiving, Passing Weight and Accuracy, Individual Moves, Crossing, Finishing and Shooting, Free Kicks & Penalty Kicks, 1v1 Attack & Defending, Futsal Techniques.
- CONDITIONING: Foot Speed and Quickness, Circuit Training, Speed Training, Flexibility, Balance.